Sunday, August 17, 2008


Breakfast Casserole with Bacon (shown above with breakfast sausage)

I made this for my son's football breakfast potluck and it was really delicious. I think we will use for a dinner once in awhile too. It's my mother-in-law's recipe, her secret? She greases the pan with bacon grease! It really gives a great overall flavor to the dish. You can also make it with sausage or ham.

6 eggs, beaten
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
30oz bag of shredded hash browns (frozen)
2 Cups shredded chedder cheese
1 onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper (green or red or combination) finely diced
1 lb bacon, chopped & cooked (I chop it, then fry it - it seems faster)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, pour into a well greased (use the bacon grease generously) pan. Bake for 60-65 mins.

No comments: